Thursday, September 9, 2010

Still Holding Up

Today I was having some MAJOR sugar withdrawal. My head aches constantly, I am mucho irritable, and my brain is not seeming to function correctly. We were in Sterling again today and had to eat. We went to Burger King, but I stayed strong. I got the Tendergrill chicken sandwich on a wheat roll. I should have asked for no mayo, but live and learn. There were some kids in the play area that had these delicious looking ice cream drinks. I was very tempted to get some and relieve my pounding head, which, as you can imagine, is not helped by sitting in the play area at Burger King. BUT, I just busied myself with taking care of Jane and tried not to think about it. So YAY for day 3 of being sugar-free! Still going strong with Power 90. Next week will be my halfway point. I am in awe of my perseverance. I know it is through the Atonement that I am able to finally make these changes. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for lending me the strength to do this. I just hope it extends to my eating!

1 comment:

Kyla said...

The headaches will go away soon. Scary that something as (supposedly) harmless as sugar could cause withdrawal symptoms? I was amazed when I went through it. Just remember, it only lasts for a little while. You can do it! Once you're pallet is cleansed you'll be able to taste natural foods so much better. A carrot will taste like sweet coconut, apples taste like sugar cubes (when they're in season:) and so on. It will be so worth it! I'm so proud of you!!