Saturday, September 11, 2010

So Sad

This morning I realized how much my sugar addiction has effected my family. Sarah asked for a popsicle for breakfast. We compromised and she had half a popsicle after breakfast. Twenty minutes later she was asking for candy. This is no way to raise children. I am going to try extra hard to change the way I eat, and the way I talk about what I eat and will not eat. I want my family to be healthy. I do not want my daughters to have the same struggles I do. Instead of giving Sarah candy when she asked for it, I offered a banana. She was perfectly happy with that compromise. We even put some sugar-free peanut butter on it and she liked that too! I just want to be a good mom. I always knew that what I feed my family is a huge part of that. I just had not realized how short I was falling in my responsibility. You may have noticed a new name in my Million Dollar Bloggers section. My friend referred me to her sister-in-law's website. She's a personal trainer with four children. She has a lot of recipes on her blog that are healthy and kid-friendly. If she can do it with four children AND a job, I figure I can make a good go at it.

1 comment:

Katie Seamons said...

I am so glad you are finding it helpful! Great ideas for food if nothing else!