Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blah

I am feeling pretty miserable and have been indulging in some comfort food. I ate two rolls with my lunchtime lentil soup. And I had two servings of eggplant parmesan for dinner. I baked it instead of frying it, though. Our neighbor brought us an eggplant from the farmer's market and it was about to go bad. We had all the ingredients for eggplant parmesan and it seemed fairly simple. I had never cooked eggplant before, so I was looking for simple! It turned out very well. And fairly healthy with whole wheat pasta and baking the eggplant instead of frying.

I really kicked it up a notch in my Power 90 workout today, really trying not to do too many of the modifications. I want to get the most out of my workouts and that means increasing my effort as my stamina and strength increase. I am feeling it tonight, though! My obliques are pretty sore.

I was trying to figure the date that my 10-week Healthy Challenge and my Power 90 would be up. They are only a week apart! My Power 90 ends Oct. 30th and my healthy challenge extends to a week after that. I am going to start recording my weight and maybe my measurements on my healthy challenge point sheet every week. I cannot believe that my weight is dropping just from cutting out sugar! I feel like I have not cut back in any other area, but the proof is in the scale!

2 comments:

Katie Seamons said...

between you and my sister (who has to lose weight because of migraines x10) I am so inspired! Thanks for posting all of this. I have only lost 4.5 pounds. But we have to start somewhere!

Kyla said...

I told you! When I cut out sugar I lost ten pounds immediately.That was still with a bag of hot fries a week. Though I wouldn't encourage that.:) Yay for you! I'm so excited to see you next November!