Sunday, August 29, 2010

10 Week Healthy Challenge

This is the message my friend sent me about the Challenge. Anyone who would like is welcome. to join. Just send me your totals every day. Thanks!


So here is the 10 week Healthy Challenge: The healthy challenge is a point based challenge. There are 10 things to do each day for a one point, for a total of 10 points a day and a total of 70 points a week. The items that are included exercising, eating 2 servings of fruits and vegetables, drinking 48 oz of water a day, eating healthy, no sweets, no eating after 10 pm, positive writing, say I love you, set a personal goal, 15 minutes of spiritual/uplifting reading. There is also 10 free points a week.The weekly 10 free points: Each week you start with 10 free points (1 per category) or you can take one whole day off....your choice. I usually saved my free points for the weekend. Use them Monday and you'll be so sorry! When I used a free point, instead of a '1' on my spreadsheet, I would write a 'F' so I could make sure I only used 1 per category each week! Sugary snacks include all candy, cookies, ice cream, sugar cereals, syrups, chocolate, etc. Don't worry about a cracker that you know has white sugar in it...we aren't being that strict! Watch the labels as several health bars, granola bars, diet drinks are loaded with sugar. You are allowed ONE sugar substitute snack a day (sugar free ice cream/candy, etc), Splenda type packets and crystal light are allowed, however the crystal light only counts as 1/2 of your water for the day.No soda pop includes diet pop too!! Chemicals=bad for us!Eating after 10:00 includes ALL eating after 10:00-yes even protein drinks! Water of course is allowed 24/7! Your personal goal needs to be the same goal for a week and something that you can work on/do each day. Change up each week or keep it the same for the 10 weeks, how many WEEKS you do it is up to you! If you choose to quit the challenge prior to the 10 weeks, you agree to still email in points. YES this is a pain but the whole purpose of this challenge is self improvement & reporting will help keep you GOING and NOT quit!!!PLEASE email your totals each Sunday night by 10:00 so I can post the totals Monday morning.

No comments: