Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Still Learning

Our Relief Society Birthday is going to be about celebrating the unique gifts and talents of the sisters. We've had a hard time getting people to sign up to bring anything to display or perform, so I told the sisters I would bring anything I have ever worked on or tried so they couldn't feel bad about their skill level. I've been working on some things, knowing that they're going to have to be displayed and looking through a lot of things, picking other things to display. It has been wonderful for my weight loss efforts. Let me tell you why... since I've been working on improving myself in other ways and looking at things I've done or even tried, I'm reminded that I'm an okay person and that I have a lot of potential. How do you treat things you think are valuable? With a lot of care! When we think we are worth treating well, we treat ourselves well. I was surprised that doing these simple things made such a difference. AND, I have been feeling happier than I have in a long time. You should all try it. Even trying something you don't know that much about helps. I tried sewing a little texture baby thing for Sarah (which is just two pieces of fabric sewn together) and it took me two hours and looked horrible, but it still made me feel like I'd accomplished something. I want you all to know the wonderful blessings I've felt this past week. Try it!

2 comments:

Heather said...

You inspire me Fobo. When I grow up I want to be just like you!! I love you!!!

Anbolyn said...

You inspire me also! Most days, I feel like a pathetic loser, but you are right, there is something that all of us can do well.