Thursday, January 12, 2012

Um, about that whole "vegetarian" thing...

(photo and spinach nuggets recipe here by The Diva Dish, who I love)

I should have said I'm going to start incorporating a vegetarian lifestyle into our eating. :) My father-in-law sent Tyler home with a large sack of meat (all you "that's what she said"ers out there, let it go) and free food is free food, so we will definitely be using it. Which is why we had sliders for dinner. WITH sweet potato fries. That makes it healthy. And vegetarian-esque-esque. I had to add that second -esque because hamburgers are pretty decidedly UN-vegetarian. Even small hamburgers.

Everything was delicious. I think I ate about four sweet potatoes worth of fries. See, it was healthy. I'm gonna go ahead and skip telling you how many sliders I ate.

For breakfast I made another green drink and for lunch I had spinach nuggets/cookies. They were supposed to be more like little patties, but I did something wrong. They were a little more liquidy than they should have been, so they looked more like spinach cookies. Jane was not fooled by them. In fact, she actually raised her eyebrow at me when I offered her one. She ate a turkey dog for lunch. :) Like I said, we'll slowly be incorporating the vegetarian lifestyle.

No comments: