Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Back on Track

This morning I made a delicious green drink. I added more green cubes than usual to make up for the fact that I didn't really make many green drinks over the weekend. Jane and I shared it, like we always do. I'm convinced it's the reason we didn't catch the flu that Sarah had. :) Maybe I should start making smoothies for Sarah's breakfast so she can beef up her immune system. That might include waking up a little earlier.... well, I'm sure it would work just as well if I made her one after school.

I thought I should probably start taking pictures of the stuff I'm making. So here's my green drink.



I realized two things when I took this picture: 1) I do not have any attractive glasses. I broke all our glass ones when I was pregnant with Jane. 2) Our kitchen is really dirty. You know those days when you can't find any clean dishes so you end up using recycled sour cream containers to mix your chickpea salad in? Not that I'm having that kind of day.... and if I was, who are you to judge me! Ahem. Sooo, I made this one with 3 little bathroom cup (you know, the little Dixie kind that you use for mouthwash) size green cubes, a handful of a frozen fruit mix with peaches, mangoes, pineapple, and strawberries in it, a few frozen blackberries, a banana, some rice milk and white grape juice.




Speaking of chickpea salad, I found this delicious basic recipe for a chickpea salad from Diva Dish (I really REALLY love this woman). You can also use chicken if you'd prefer. It's basically mushed chickpeas with garlic hummus instead of mayo. Then you add in your regular chicken salad ingredients. I used some quartered grape tomatoes, chopped green onions, chopped roasted almonds, a little handful of golden raisins, Garam Masala, cumin, salt & pepper and some fresh chopped cilantro. It was A-MAZING. I almost left out the raisins. I'm not a big fan of raisins in savory salads. That would have been a mistake. The sweetness in the raisins really brought out the flavor of the cardamom from the Garam Masala. It was like pure deliciousness.....

Sorry! I drifted off in a rapturous memory of eating my chickpea salad sandwich. Point is, it was GOOD. Try it. You'll like it.

3 comments:

JoHanna Bennion said...

Makes me want to cook!

Anbolyn said...

The green drink looks great and the chickpea salad looks amazing! That is definitely something I could easily make and take to work with me.

Heather said...

The chicpea salad does look great!! The green drink looks green :) You should come to Austin and make me some to try!