Monday, January 16, 2012

Sheesh

I hit a bit of a rough spot these last few days. Sarah woke up in the middle of the night on Thursday night and climbed into bed with us. She was running a fever. Friday morning she was crying because everything hurt and she was burning up. Yep. It was the flu. And it was bad. I gave her ibuprofen. Towards the end of the eight hours before her next dose, she would just be miserable. As you can imagine, I have not slept much the last couple days. AND to top it all off, I think Jane is teething. She got into bed with us yesterday morning and just tossed and turned and whimpered. I thought she might have the flu, so all us girls stayed home from church yesterday. Turns out they were both just fine. In fact, they were feeling a little wild from being inside for 3 days. Which can be harder than dealing with sick kids.

Anyway, the point of that long, excuse-making paragraph was to say I have not been doing well with my eating. I've mostly been living on almonds, caramels, and chocolate chips left over from Christmas baking. I think it is still vegetarian, though, even if I wasn't eating any vegetables. :) Okay, so it was mostly sugar-tarian. But whatever.

*TODAY IS A NEW DAY!

*positive statement requirement for weight loss blog met

3 comments:

cate said...

I hope everyone feels better and gets some sleep.
(If you have tylenol too, you can alternate ibuprofen and tylenol every 4 hours. It works pretty well for my kids.)

Planty Mama said...

Thanks, Cate. Sarah seems better and Jane and I were lucky enough not to get it at all! We're feeling especially blessed about that. :)

Heather said...

I WANT TO BE A SUGARTARIAN!!!!!