Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mug Cakes

(photo from family kitchen)


Last night I was having a hard core baked goods jones. I wanted cupcakes. Or coffee cake. Or brownies. Or cookies. Really, anything with sugar and butter that could be baked would have done. I was telling Tyler about this craving and he made a brilliant remark. "I wish there was a recipe for just two cookies." I realized I had a recipe for something like that! Have you ever heard of mug cakes? They are little single cakes that you cook in a mug in the microwave. I remembered pinning the recipe for a chocolate salted caramel mug cake recently. It seemed like just the single serving fix I was looking for!

I mixed up the ingredients and popped it in the microwave. One minute and thirty seconds later, I had a little chocolate cake aaaallll for me. It was horrible. :( It uses a whole egg in a mug sized cake. As you can imagine, that makes it a bit, well, eggy. If that's the only chocolate cake I can have, I might hold out hope for a chocolate craving cure. Oh well. It was great in theory.

If you want to try it for yourself, head on over to babble.com's family kitchen. Maybe double the recipe, but use only one egg? If anyone has suggestions, please let me know. I would love to be able to make this work.

2 comments:

Robin said...

That same website had a 2 minute mug brownie with no eggs in it. Looks good. I like that single serving site. I will have to give some of them a try!

Planty Mama said...

Oooh, Robin, I'll have to check that out. Sounds good!