Tuesday, March 2, 2010

More Benefits!

Yesterday I made dinner for my family. This is nothing new. I make dinner almost every night. BUT last night, I made beans in my Crock Pot, Mexican rice AND corn bread. I usually just make the main course and barely get that done in time! I don't dread cooking anymore, because I know the dishes will get done that night and not sit and multiply for 2 weeks until I have an all day dish washing ahead of me. This means my family will have better rounded meals and I'll be able to make vegetables on the side. Who would think that keeping my house clean would have an effect on our food? This morning Sarah wanted macaroni and cheese for breakfast. It's a strange request, but I gladly complied! Sarah is NOT a breakfast person. If I can get her to eat anything before 11 I'm totally excited. Because all my dishes were done from last night, I didn't say no. I knew things would get cleaned up as soon as we were finished so one extra pot in a day wouldn't hurt anything! Which makes me think I could eat hot cereal for breakfast every morning! That's healthier than Marshmallow Mateys! Keeping my house clean is just branching into so many areas of my life. I continue to be amazed and excited!

2 comments:

Anbolyn said...

I'm so glad things are falling into place for you. I'm sure it will make things much easier when your baby comes. You'll already have a routine down.

JoHanna Bennion said...

Sybil! I love your blog! Such an inspiration! I have a writing blog that I am currently not working on. I gave up because I had no more interesting thought to write about. It's a private blog so I don't have to worry about anyone taking my writing ideas, but after reading your blog, I am thinking that I should turn my writing blog into kind of what your doing. I know exactly what you mean by the cooking thing in a clean house!! It gets even harder the more members of the family there are and that is when cooking is WAY important!

Thanks for sharing and I hope to get to the point that you are at very soon!!