Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Diet Over

I tried this for 1-1/2 days and could not do it. Why? It made me so tired I couldn't get anything done. Yesterday I was completely wiped out and useless by 2:30 and today I was useless all day. I don't know why this is, but this afternoon I finally decided I couldn't do it anymore and ate a little piece (our bishop's wife made the bread and it was a tiny loaf) of bread with some egg salad on it and a handful of Cheez-its. About an hour later I had so much more energy I was able to clean up the kitchen and actually make dinner, which I had despaired of earlier in the day. Mom said it gave her more energy, but I weigh a lot more than mom and so burn a lot more calories doing everyday tasks. When I did the Body Bugg it told me I should be eating 2200 calories a day. That's a lot. I just need to be burning 3200 a day in order to lose weight. I think I'm going to do what Niesa did and stop eating fried foods, eat 3 servings of fruit/vegetables a day, and exercise. I have to do something because, like I said, I REALLY don't want to get huge(r) and fat(ter) for this pregnancy.

2 comments:

Anbolyn said...

I think extreme diets are so hard because they are not natural for our bodies. I think I am going to follow Niesa's diet as well. It is easy, nutritious and doable. I know you can find a solution to your weight problems during pregnancy. I will pray for you!

Candi said...

I know if you put your mind to it you can do whatever you want. I was terrified of gaining as much weight this pregnancy that I did with both Brooklyn and mason. I just stopped drinking soda, cut down a lot on sweets and instead of eating a lot of carbs for snacks I pick up carrots, a banana or broccoli. I lost 8lbs by my 3rd month and so far have only gained back 4 pounds since then. I am 21 weeks now and my goal is to not gain more than 10 lbs. You do NOT have to starve yourself in order to lose weight while pregant. My Dr. approves of how I am doing. So I say do what feels best for you. :o) good luck sweetie!