Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Very Bad Day

Well, I've eaten probably a dozen cookies today. Here's what happened: We have Enrichment activities now instead of just the Enrichment meetings. I volunteered like a month ago to have the book club activity at my house tonight at 7. I spent all day frantically cleaning my house because I've been in a serious funk lately so everything has gone to crap. I made cookies and dinner at the same time I was trying to take care of Sarah and watching the clock to make sure Tyler got up in time. The end result was I was grouchy and still cleaning all the way up to seven o'clock, meaning I wasn't able to make Tyler his lunch and the baby was screaming at the top of her lungs while I vacuumed and my house didn't even look that great. So with lots of noise and emotions I finally got Tyler off to work and the baby cleaned and put in pajamas. Then I sat down to wait for people to show up. And I waited. And I waited. No one came. And I had a lot of cookies. And a lot of pointless stress. So I ate some. Or 10. Anyway, that is my crappy day. I hope everyone else had a good day. I guess at least my house is (mostly) clean now.

4 comments:

Anbolyn said...

Oy! What a bleak day for you. Doesn't it seem that every crap thing tends to happen on the same day? I know some people who don't eat when they are stressed - freaks!

Heather said...

The clean house is worth the crap day. I think you should kick some butts tomorrow at church though. Incosiderate book club members. As for the cookies, just pinch your fingers together and think about chocolate chip cookies that have roach legs sticking out of them and that smell like feces.

Planty Mama said...

Heather, you're a genius! I never thought of roach legs! That'll make me good and sick. In fact, my breakfast is feeling uncomfortable in my stomach just thinking about it. Blech!

Heather said...

YAY for roach legs!! Whoever thought that would be something to be grateful for.